Gateway School of English — language school in Malta
Founded in 2002, Gateway School of English GSE has become one of Malta’s best English language schools, preferring quality to quantity, combining academic excellence, the best possible facilities and equipment with an extraordinary commitment to individual attention. This is our cutting edge. This is our competitive advantage. The founders of the company are Mrs. Maria Sammut and Mr. Charles Sammut. The family work hands-on at the School and the Residence. round. School offers leisure activities, cultural activities such as excursions, beach activities, sports activities, including 24 hours supervision by our group leaders, transfers as well as a day by day programme of activities.
In free time children splash in the water on the beach. It is a 20-minute walk from the school. There are plenty of playgrounds and a garden on the school site. The leisure programme includes a tour of Malta. Twice a week students visit a water park with a dolphinarium. In the evening they enjoy sunset by the ocean, or participate in sports competitions and discos. Weekends are spent in the Blue Lagoon.
You can choose between accommodation in a hotel or with a host family. Most families and hotels are a 5-10 minute walk from the centre. If a family is 25 minutes away, private transport will pick up the children. The hotel is in a 10-15-minute walk and the beach and pool are very close. Meals are provided three times a day.
Why choose this school
- Family friendly environment
- Individual attention to all students
- Excellent nationality mix
- Flexible with bespoke group requests
- 17 years of experience in the industry
- Our teacher are all native speakers of English and are fully qualified and experienced as per the ELT council requirements
- fully licensed by the Ministry of Education and English Language Teaching Council (the recognised authority regulating the English language teaching industry in Malta)
- Bright and spacious classrooms fully equipped with the latest information technology and video facilities
- Transfers to the school for students staying at the residence, whilst students staying at host families will be just within 5 to 15 minutes walking distance from the school
- A well stocked library with contemporary learning materials and media for practising and developing different language skills
- A large courtyard and gardens where students can relaxat break times and after classes.
- Free 24 hours a day wireless internet and internet-cabled computer workstations which enable you to keep in touch with your office, family and friends.
- Five-a-side football games
- Trekking & abseiling
- Sightseeing flights by plane over the Maltese islands
Hobbies and clubs
- Beach trips
Program description and what is included
The school organises summer and off-season camps with English classes. The language course consists of 15 hours a week. Pupils are divided into groups according to their language level, with a maximum of 15 pupils per class. Classes are held in the morning. All teachers are native speakers. A study room and a library with modern language practice equipment are available for classes. All levels are available.
- 15 hours English course per week
- Course materials
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Accommodation in triple/four-bedded hotel rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- Leisure and excursion programmes
- Three meals per day
- Bank charges
- Travel Class travel services
- Visa processing including translation of documents
- Health insurance
- Transfer from and to the airport
- Out of pocket expenses
Please note that if there aare 20+ students, the price is discounted to Euro790 per student per week.
|Day 1||Arrival Day - Check in - Orientation walk around St Julian’s for new students||Arrival Day - Check in - Orientation walk around St Julian’s for new students||Arrival Day - Check in - Orientation walk around St Julian’s for new students|
|Day 2||Lessons||Splash & Fun Waterpark||Treasure Hunt at Valletta by night|
|Day 3||Lessons||Swimming at Mellieha Bay||Free Evening (Students can go out with the GSE Group Leader)|
|Day 4||Lessons||Splash & Fun Waterpark||FELTOM Teen International Disco|
|Day 5||Lessons||Beach Trip||Free evening|
|Day 6||Lessons||Beach Trip||Bowling at Eden Super-bowl|
|Day 7||Full Day at the Blue Lagoon||Full Day at the Blue Lagoon||Free Evening|
|Day 8||Full Day at Golden Bay||Full Day at Golden Bay||Free time|
|Day 9||Lessons||Splash & Fun Waterpark||Treasure Hunt|
|Day 10||Lessons||Free afternoon||Bowling|
|Day 11||Lessons||Swimming at Paradise Bay||Free Evening|
|Day 12||Lessons||Sliema shopping and sightseeing||Three Cities by Night|
|Day 13||Lessons||Free afternoon||Sports Night at San Gwann FC|
|Day 14||Full Day at St Thomas Bay and Kayaking||Full Day at St Thomas Bay and Kayaking||Free time|