Españolé International House Valencia — summer school in Spain
Summer Spanish School (Host-family)
Program description and what is included
The programme has 15 hours of tuition per week. Lessons take place in spacious classrooms and computer rooms. On the day of arrival, students take an entry test to assess their Spanish level. Based on their results, students are divided into classes of up to 15 students per class. The teachers use a communicative approach to teaching. The main aim of the course is to teach your child to communicate fluently in everyday situations. Lessons take place in the morning and afternoon hours. All levels are available.
- 15 hours tuition per week
- Accommodation in host-family
- Three meals a day
- Bank charges
- Travel Class travel services
- Visa processing including translation of documents
- Health insurance
- Transfer from and to the airport
- Out of pocket expenses
- Leisure and excursion programme
Españolé International House Valencia has a complete programme designed to help you achieve your goal: to communicate effectively in Spanish. The school has modern facilities that are perfectly located in
the city centre and offers a wide range of courses given by exceptionally dedicated and experienced teachers. We take care of all accommodation arrangements and encourage our students to participate in the cultural activities we organise every week to give them the full immersive experience.
Our beautiful school is located in the historical Palacio de los Fernández de Córdova building deep in the heart of Valencia’s Old Town. We have carefully renovated the stunning 153-year-old property to our own vision of a 21st century language school that compliments history with modernism. The school is surrounded by history and culture and you don’t have to look far to discover world famous sights such as Plaza de la Virgen which houses one of Valencia’s most emblematic buildings – La Catedral de Santa Maria.
After lessons children can relax in the cafeteria or on the spacious terrace. There is a patio, sun loungers, barbecue area and sun loungers on site. You can play volleyball on the beach or learn how to make paella. Sports facilities include tennis courts, playgrounds, aerobics and step aerobics rooms. During the week children will sample local products at the Central Market and visit the Cultural Centre which offers a combination planetarium, botanical gardens, cinema and science centre. For an additional fee schoolchildren will visit the museum of papier-mâché Falhas. There you can fins monuments of all the satirical figures and events of the year. The weekends are spent at the Albufera Nature Reserve.
Children are accommodated in the residence or host families. The way from the residence to the centre takes 15 minutes on foot, while families are accommodated within 30-40 minutes by metro or bus.
Why choose this school
- Friendly atmosphere and personalized attention to our students
- Wide range of courses and academic excellence
- Years of experience
- A stunning historical building in the old town
- Central location
- 11th century Arabic wall and a tower running through the school building
- Exclusive student-use areas: terrace, patio, roof garden with showers and sun loungers
- BBQ parties and Spanish cuisine workshops in the school kitchen, and other activities
- Widely accredited including a certificate for being an environmentally friendly school with a reduced CO2 footprint
- 28 classrooms with interactive whiteboards, natural light, air-conditioning and fully equipped for Spanish language lessons.
- Students' cafe
- A breath-taking roof terrace with sun loungers and fruit trees
- The computer and reading areas
- Barbecue kichen
- Access to free WiFi throughout the school campus
- Fitness training
- Step classes
Hobbies and clubs
- Dancing lessons
- Film club
- Sports competitions
- Cultural visits
- Beach afternoons.
Recommended arrival cities
- Valencia Airport - 30 minutes
Calle de Caballeros, 36, Valencia, España
Day. Welcoming by stuff member, transfer
Evening. Free evening with the host family
Day. Lunch, free time, Gymkhana in the city
Evening. BBQ party in the school and dinner
Day. Lunch, Spanish lessons
Evening. Free time, dinner
Day. Lunch, free time, Bike tour in the riverbed
Evening. Visit to Valencia FC stadium, dinner
Day. Cooking workshop in the school (paella), lunch, Spanish lessons
Evening. Free time, dinner
Day. Lunch, Games at the beach
Day. Full day excursion to Aquopolis Park